Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Avatar

This was a movie I think I'll sit in for once in a lifetime- thank you. First, I had a few problems with my 3-D goggles, then I had to watch the entire movie in like 10 hours. It took forever to what seemed like a typical invasive-human race genre. Cameron had 15 years to work on this movie, so I would really expect more plot wise. We've had several of these in the past lets say 10 years; Independence Day (aliens invading though), Mission to Mars, Red Planet, Planet of Apes, The day the Earth stood still and I can go on forever. But with Cameron, since he's all up on the technological front of things, he waited more than a decade after the billions he made with the Terminator movies and lets not forget Titanic to edge out his competition. He made G.I Joe look like a cheap 70's cartoon. I'm not even going to begin on his virtual cameras, simulcam...I just think it was super cool Spielberg and Jackson had a try at it. It's amzing what you can create with a gazillion dollars and what gazillions more you get out of it. James Cameron proves to be a very good businessman, he gets what the present audience wants, just as he did with the morphing T-1000 played by Robert Patrick in Terminator 2 in the early 90's. Now Avatar is begininnng it's own cult. I'd recommend this movie to any budding motion-capture enthusiast. It's worth guzzling down a few cokes on and some popcorn.

No comments: