Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Of late....

Hello everyone.

As you may have already noticed, I no more regularly post movie reviews here. In fact, regularly is such an understatement. Why, you might ask?

It's not that I don't watch them anymore or that I've lost touch with the art of cinema-going but in all honesty, I just don't have that luxury, you know- TIME.

Over the past year of my hiatus (which for many I assume thought would have definitely been my ultimate blogging demise) I have been working, then stopped working then moved to another country and then been working towards earning a Masters degree. Yes and would you know it, I am at the end of yet another academic year. I shall, God willing, be graduating soon enough but in the meantime I'm getting busy filming all my bits together for my last hurrah- my broadcast dissertation.

It should, I believe, come out looking like a documentary. So, you can imagine the time and effort and I am putting into my work at the moment. It's a lot of a work and professors, tutors- they never tell you these things at the beginning! Carrying around an industry standard tripod and a broadcast camera is not meant for many people. However, at my own unfortunate advantage, I do carry a bit of weight to help sustain that burden.

Filming has been good so far. My friend and I were exploring the entire Greater London just last week on the tube and on our very sore feet. We had been to places many would never think of crossing when out and about in the big British metro. And we were lugging it!

I've got some photos to share. Just some of the shots. Hopefully more coming up.


The one and only centre court at SW19.


Trafalgar Square after a very hearty Chinese meal.


Spooky- near the South Bank.


Our very talented cameraman- Yang. He bought us drinks on that boat.


The sideways Big Ben. 


A little momento from across the London Eye.


The National Gallery


My friend's obsession with the Tower Bridge and the River Thames!


More footage of the river...


Yeah. 


Nice little cafe where we had lunch in Boston Manor




before our adventure in Southall. 

Till my next movie review or whatever, laters!

No comments: